Well, it's official--we're moving (again)! We will be heading up to Borger, Texas (about an hour from Amarillo). God has been so great, blessing us with His people. We've had so many people praying for us and helping us out, and we are so thankful that in this time of "wondering," that He does care for us. Last week in a sermon at John Knox in Ruston, the pastor quoted the verse about the sparrow falling from a tree. I cannot, to save my life, remember the exact verse. But it reminded me that God is taking care of us. We aren't going through half of what other people are going through. We still have our possessions, and we have all our family, but I still feel guilty when I think "Why did we go to Biloxi only to be run out of there in such a short time? There are a few good few reasons and here they are:
One, I got a chance to be with one of my very best friends--my mother. I got to enjoy her so much. You know when you where little and remember all the things you put your parents through? Now I tell her I am so sorry, because now, as a mother, I am going through it! Mom and I got a chance to play solitare. We were even concocting stories to tell our husbands if we both got the urge to play, "Honey, I gotta go out and get some milk and a few things...." Of course they would know where we would be going. They knew that we were in over our heads. I'll never forget those times with her and our garage sale times together (when I was a teenager, you couldn't have seen me at a garage sale). Now you can't see me paying over 10.00 for an item of clothing! (And I'll be the first in line waiting for the person to lift the garage door)!
Another cherished time was to see my dad with his grandkids. He was having so much fun with them, playing with them, teaching them, asking them important questions, taking them to the park and McDonalds. I told him that I saw him entering sainthood. Dad, you've arrived! Not only was he spending time with them, he was guiding them, disciplining them. He never had to spank them, because they knew he meant business, and they respected him (they usually knew they'd be getting a visit from Mr. Spoon and Mommy or Daddy).
Thank you Mom and Dad for the memories you created with your grandchildren (and with me). We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and will cherish those memories. I enjoyed our time there and would do it all over again.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Snake,
I am so glad you got to make some more cherished memories with your mom and dad. I'd give anything to have just one more moment with my dad--even if it was to hear one of his corny jokes or his very "unique" advice. I thank God that you knew him and can relate when I talk about him. I know he loved you and you loved him. Thank you for remembering me and my mom yesterday. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him, but it is something that doesn't get talked about often. It was so nice for you to remember him and our loss. Again, I am so glad that you got to spend those precious moments with your parents and I am also glad that your children got to spend some quality time with your dad. Those are the things in life that are worth treasuring and pondering. All else is just icing on the cake. God bless you!
Post a Comment