Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Getting Settled in Borger, Texas

Just to let everyone know that we have made it to Borger, and we are getting un-packed (AGAIN) and setting up housekeeping! We have been welcomed by the friendly people here. A group from First Baptist helped moved us in, and people are bending over backwards to help us. I have no doubt that if we came here with just the clothes on our back, these people would have us a house full of everything we would need. It has been truly unbelievable. We are praying that this area will be made for us a permanent home. We love the area and the weather!

The kids are doing great. We were greeting the first day we got here with girls bouncing up and down eager to see Gabby. She met these girls over the summer, and they became fast friends. Robby and I have also made quick friends with the Dixon's, their parents. They have really made us to feel home. Of course our friends, the Websters are here, Chery, and her 3 teenagers. What a wonderful family! They have really been working with us to get the house in livable condition. In fact, Chery, Saturday night, was ironing clothes for me for Sunday morning worship. I am at the Webster right now. To save money for now, we are going to wait on a phone line, so I can only post letters, not pictures (sorry Mammaw and Aunt Kristi)! We will have to send pictures the old fashioned way!

I do need to go, as this is not my computer. Hopefully I can blog once a week--maybe more, but homeschooling will be starting full force Monday, so I may be lucky to do it once a month!

No comments: