Monday, February 13, 2006

Stay Tuned For Robby's Valentine's Poem to Rhonda

In just 7 or 8 short hours, I will open MY Valentine's card with MY poem in it. It was Robby's turn to write the poem this year. It was a little scary there-- thinking it was I that would be doing the "chore." I promise, I don't mind writing about my husband and all his good qualities and how much I love him, but to have to put it in a poem, SCARES me. In 366 short days, it will be MY turn, and I will wait until about the week before to start on it. What is scary about it? Maybe just the fact that my hubby is an English teacher, has several poems (one of them published), has written a book, and occasionally correcting my grammar. I have a lot at stake...you see, I used to be his student in college. I got the test papers, term papers, etc..., back with red markings on it--with GRADES on them. Will I get red marks still? Does he see the mistakes? Will I get a grade? Question after question after question. But in 7 or 8 more GLORIOUS hours I will see how much my love loves me, and I will be affirmed, filled with awe for him (I always do) but more so will, and I will not even think about that poem I have to write until December 26th, procrastinate and write it February 7. Stay tuned..........

No comments: