Just to let everyone know that we have arrived safely to our destination--Robby's parent's house in West Monroe, LA. We got in about 5:00p.m. Sunday evening and without hardly any problems. We had bumper to bumper traffic for about an hour as we headed up the northern side of Hattisburg. I-20 wasn't too bad--a few spots where we slowed down, but that didn't last long at all.
We got as much up off our floors as much as we could. Luckily we were not able to get a whole lot of boxes unpacked (except for the kitchen). So all the things we had we were able to get them up off the ground with our work tables. Of course, with the way it is sounding that that won't help with a roof ripped off, but we did what we could.
The kids seemed a little puzzled as I handed them their "flotation devices" (beach inner tubes, etc... I told them to blow them up in case the water came in before we were ready to leave. Their look was priceless! I got plenty of pictures, but did not bring our cord for the camera to load on the computer (one of the umpteen things we will have forgotten).
We didn't miss a birthday celebration like we thought we would have. Robby's dad, is well, as he says older than dirt. I'm not sure on the age, but he doesn't look a year over 70--haha!
I can't even remember the name of the last hurricane that ran us out, but I can assure you that we won't forget Katrina. Thanks for your prayers! We love and miss everyone!
Sunday, August 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm keeping ya'll in my prayers that Hurricane Katrina will not affect you. Praise the Lord that you were able to get your precious family out before the big storm hit.
Kay DeFreese
Thanks Kay. We are so thankful for your prayers. We keep everyone posted as we find out more.
best regards, nice info » » »
Post a Comment